American pop rock/punk stalwarts Yellowcard are back with their latest studio album “Lift a Sail”. With a simple goal of outdoing everything they’ve ever done before, you’ll be in for an aural treat.
Before they bring their dynamic anthems to our sunny shores on 10 December in a one-night only show at The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore, we present to you 5 interesting facts about the band:
- Yellowcard got their name from a phrase they used in high school. Whenever somebody did something “stupid” at a party, such as drop a beer on the carpet, they enforced soccer rules and gave them a “yellow card” for committing a party foul.
- The ballad “Madrid” on their latest album, “Lift a Sail”, is named after the city where Lead vocalist and guitarist Ryan Key met his wife, professional snowboarder Alyona Alekhina.
- Japan was the first country the band toured to. Coincidentally, it’s also the country, outside of the United States, where the band has played the most.
- The band’s popularity skyrocketed after the song “Breathing”, from their debut album “Ocean Avenue” appeared on EA Games’ famed title, Burnout 3: Takedown in 2004.
- Before starting Yellowcard, Ryan worked at Chili’s with violinist, Sean Mackin.
Buy tickets to Yellowcard Live in Singapore
|Date:||10 December 2014|
|Venue:||The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa|
|Prices*:||Early Bird (limited tickets): S$68
Group Buy (4 tickets): S$68
At the Door: S$98
Get your tickets at Peatix
*Prices exclude administrative & ticketing fees. Terms and Conditions apply.
Win tickets to Yellowcard Live in Singapore
We have three pairs of tickets to Yellowcard Live in Singapore to give away to three lucky readers!
You’ll need a Facebook account to join the contest. In the comments section,
- Share your favourite Yellowcard song and why you love it.
- Tag a friend or family member (using @friendname) that you want to bring to the concert if you win.
- Tick the “Also post on Facebook” to share your entry.
Contest closes on Sunday, 7 December, at 11:59pm. Entries posted after that will not be in the running for the tickets.
We’ll announce the winner on Monday. Stay tuned to your Facebook notification to see if you’ve won.
May the odds be ever in your favour!