You’ve seen them on screen and watched them dance off on stage. Starting 8 April 2015, join Puss and Kitty Softpaws on the Puss In Boots’ Giant Journey adventure at Universal Studios Singapore.
Situated in the Far Far Away zone, the Puss in Boots’ Giant Journey is the first Puss In Boots-themed suspended roller coaster in the world.
The ride takes you on a wild goose chase through, what else, but a giant’s castle. This ride is suitable for adults, children above 100cm (when accompanied by adults) and children above 122cm (to ride unaccompanied).
From here, we’ll be spoiling the story line for you. If you’re squeamish about spoilers, jump down to grab Puss In Boots’ Giant Journey opening special offer to experience the ride at Universal Studios Singapore. If you’re brave, read on.
Still with us? Good.
Your journey starts inside the Giant’s Castle where you join Puss In Boots and Kitty SoftPaws’ adventure in search of the precious golden eggs in a bid to save San Ricardo’s Orphanage, which has fallen on hard times.
Puss and Kitty will urge you to hop on the flying machine to escape from the Giant’s kitchen in search of the legendary golden eggs. (Find out more about the Humpty Alexander Dumpty’s flying machines.)
Your mission runs into trouble when you’re spotted by a Tattletale gosling who alerts the Great Terror of your presence in the castle.
Once exposed, you’re rocketed through plenty of twists and turns as they are pursued by the Great Terror, who turns out to be one big Mama Goose!
Other fun stuff to look out for:
Cool facts and figures about Puss In Boots’ Giant Journey
- Puss In Boots’ Giant Journey features 12 scenes, telling an original tale.
- The ride last approximately 2 minutes over a track length of about 0.5 km. (Updated 10 April 2015 to the correct track length.)
- The maximum speed of the ride is 36km/h.
- There are a total of 23 animatronics characters in the ride.
- Each Flying Machine can seat 9 guests (3 rows of 3).
- The ride took more than 2 years to design, engineer and produce.
- Guests will experience anti-gravity sensations in 4 zones throughout the ride.
- The minimum height to ride is 100cm, and is 122cm to ride unaccompanied.
About Humpty Alexander Dumpty’s latest flying machines
The flying machines in this ride are the handy works of Humpty Alexander Dumpty. As a part-time inventor and talented designer, he has been experimenting and building contraptions including his latest model which you will take to the top of the castle.
Each Flying Machine comes equipped with a Golden Egg Retriever on the back as well as giant beanstalk leaves that can unroll to provide shelter for its dwellers, amongst other features. Each machine comes with a unique name:
- Cat Copter
- Gosling Glider
- Puss’s Prop Plane
- Humpty’s Helicopter
- Jack and Jill’s Jalopy
- Kitty’s Kite Cruiser
- Magic Bean Airship