Voice actress and anime song artist, Nana Mizuki, is coming for her very first solo concert in Singapore on 27 September 2014.
The prolific seiyuu, or voice actress, gave life to many characters in popular Japanese animes, such as Shaman King, Full Metal Alchemist and Ichigo 100%. Fans of Naruto would have heard her voice in the character of Hinata Hyuuga.
In preparation for her concert, RWScoop brings you five trivia about Nana.
1. Nana was trained in “Enka”
Nana started training in Enka, a type of Japanese folk song, since she was five years old. She released an enka single “Tsugazakura” under her birth name Nana Kondou in 1993. She later released her debut single “Omoi” as Nana Mizuki under King Records in 2000.
2. Nana of the many ‘firsts’
As a singer and voice actor, Nana holds the title for many “firsts”. Her achievements are listed below:
- In 2009, she became the first voice actor with an album at the top of the Oricon Album Charts. Oricon Album Charts ranks the top-selling physical album sales of the Japanese industry.
- In 2010, she was the first voice actress to have a single top the Oricon singles chart with her 2010 single “PHANTOM MINDS”.
- In 2011, she was the first voice actor to have two singles in the weekly Oricon top 3 ranking simultaneously under her real name. (As opposed to songs released under fictional characters’ name.)
- In the same year, she was the first voice actor to hold a concert at Tokyo Dome.
3. Nana voiced Microsoft Windows 7 mascot
Nana voiced Microsoft’s Japanese Windows 7 unofficial mascot, Nanami Madobe. Here’s a video of the mascot teaching people how to assemble a PC.
4. Nana has her own special curry
If you’re ever in Tokyo, you can pop by European-inspired curry shop 欧風カレー Le. Le. Marj (ルル・マージュ) to order the “Nana SP Curry” takeaway. [Here’s a map to the shop]
The restaurant is Nana’s favourite curry shop and the dish was created by her. According to reviews online, this special curry dish is extremely delicious.
5. Nana is a big gamer
In her radio show, Nana revealed that although she loved to play video games, her parents didn’t allow her to play. So she had to play her video games only when her parents are not at home.
Sometimes while she was playing, she would hear her parents come home and she would have to shut down the machine without saving the game. A pain many gamers know.
Here’s Nana-chan’s video message to all fans~
NANA MIZUKI LIVE FLIGHT 2014+ in SINGAPORE
See and hear Nana in person at her concert, happening on 27 September (Saturday) at Resorts World Theatre, Resorts World Sentosa.
Doors open at 5:30pm, concert starts at 6:30pm.
(SOLD OUT) Premium VIP $277 (SOLD OUT) CAT1 $197
- CAT2 $157 (Selling Fast!)
Get your tickets to Nana Mizuki Live Flight 2014 now! (Or try your luck with our tickets giveaway below~)
|Nana Mizuki Live Flight 2014+ concert tickets giveaway
For all you Nana fans, here’s a chance to catch Nana Mizuki live at Resorts World Theatre on 27 September 2014.We’re giving away two pairs of Cat 2 tickets.In the comments section, share your favourite Nana Mizuki song with a link to the song on YouTube then tag a friend that you would like to bring to the performance.Two lucky readers will walk away with a pair of tickets each. Contest closes on 22 September 2014, 11:59pm! We’ll announce the winners on 23 September.Remember to share this post on Facebook. Good luck!