If you’ve spent the better part of 2014 grooving to Meghan Trainor’s sneaky hit “All About That Bass”, this ought to be music to your ears.
Pop’s newest “it” girl will be performing for the first time in Singapore on 23 April at The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore.
To prep you for her upcoming gig, we bring you 5 fun facts about her to see what she’s really all about (apart from “that bass”).
- She hails from a musical family. Along with her father, aunt, uncle, and younger brother, the Trainor clan formed a band and used to perform in the bars and clubs of Nantucket, Massachusetts (where she was originally from).
- She writes fast. It only took her and her producer 45 minutes to write “All About That Bass”. For her next single “Lips are Moving”? Try 8 minutes.
- She knows how to score touchdowns as well as hit singles. For three years at school not only did she play on the boys and girls American football team, she was the only girl!
- Her talents aren’t solely limited to her singing abilities. Meghan also plays the guitar and piano, keyboards, trumpet, ukulele, and percussion. So impressed was her record label boss, LA Reid, during her audition, he signed her to the label immediately.
- Although she shows off some pretty decent dance moves in her video for “All About That Bass,” it was actually the first time she ever danced in public.
Get your tickets to Meghan Trainor – That Bass Tour
|Date:||23 April 2015|
|Venue:||The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa|
|Price (excluding Booking Fee):||Standard: $128
*Prices exclude SISTIC booking fee and handling charges. Terms and Conditions apply.
For now, we’ll leave you with this: