With beats as smooth as the finest Scotch, and a sound as charming as a lilting Brogue, it’s no wonder Scottish Electropop band, Chvrches (pronounced as churches), has been making waves since the release of their debut single, “Lies”, in 2012.
Releasing their first album, “The Bones of What You Believe”, to critical acclaim in 2013, this synthpop trio are set to electrify the airwaves in the years to come.
And they’re bringing their kinetic blend of pop energy to Singapore in a one-night only show.
Here are 5 lesser-known of about them to excite you for their upcoming gig.
- Lead singer Lauren Mayberry is more than just a pretty face. She completed a four-year law degree followed by a Masters in Journalism and won a prestigious journalism award back in 2010 for an article she wrote about the hygiene of body piercing.
- Unlike a lot of bands, Chvrches make a point of personally writing everything on their Facebook and Twitter accounts, including replies to fans.
- That ‘v’ in their name isn’t a spelling mistake. It’s meant to avoid confusion with actual churches on internet searches.
- The band comes from good indie stock. Before Chvrches was formed, Lauren was in 2 bands – Boyfriend/Girlfriend and Blue Sky Archives. Iain Cook, who plays the synthesizers and guitar, was a member of Aerogramme and The Unwinding Hours. While Martin Doherty, who plays the synthesizers and samplers, was a touring member of The Twilight Sad. All indie, all Scottish.
- The band loves Whitney Houston and has covered her comeback single, “It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay” in their shows.
Come join the band on Friday, 21 November 2014 at 8:00pm at The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore for the time of your life.
Grab tickets to the Chvrches concert
The Gathering with Chvrches is happening on Friday, 21 November 2014 at 8:00pm at The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore.
Early Bird: S$78 – SOLD OUT!
4Ticket Standard Promo: S$78 per ticket (4 to 20pax)
At the Door: S$100
* ticket prices includes GST. Add $3 processing fee per ticket.
More good news:
If you’re in a group of 4 or more people, check out the ‘Group Tickets’ tab for an exclusive group discount!