If her collaboration with Iggy Azalea on the No. 1 hit “Fancy” put her on the pop world’s radar, Charli XCX’s second album “Sucker” made her a household name.
Dubbed by the Rolling Stone as “the pop star 2014 was waiting for”, she’s set to take Singapore by storm on 22 April at The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore.
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about this Britpop sensation.
- She was discovered on MySpace (remember that??) when she was just 14, after uploading her self-recorded album. Luckily, her career has lasted a lot longer than MySpace…
- She has synesthesia, a condition which allows her to see colours when she hears music. She’s stated she loves music that’s black, pink, purple or red, but hates music that’s green, yellow or brown.
- Her real name is Charlotte Emma Aitchison. As for her stage name, “XCX” doesn’t actually stand for anything; it was simply how she used to sign off on her MSN Messenger conversations.
- She’s given her fan base a name and it’s actually quite a good one – Charli’s Angels’.
- Avril Lavigne – the Canadian pop artist – was such a huge influence on Charli that she even took to dressing like her, ties and all.
Get your tickets to Charli XCX Live in Singapore
|Date:||22 April 2015|
|Venue:||The Coliseum™, Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa|
|Price (excluding Booking Fee):||Early Bird: $88*
*Prices exclude SISTIC booking fee and handling charges. Terms and Conditions apply.
Here’s the song that propelled her to stardom